HR LEGAL SERVICES
As a member of Retail Association Services, Inc. (RASI), employers receive access to free 15-minute legal consultations from highly qualified attorneys through RASI. Retail Association Services, Inc. has partnered with the law office of Davis Grimm Payne & Marra to provide its members with complimentary legal consultations from attorney Selena C. Smith.
Ms. Smith focuses her practice on representing and advising management with respect to a variety of labor and employment law matters. She graduated from the University of Oregon School of Law and is admitted to practice law in the State of Washington. During law school, she was an associate editor for the Oregon Law Review. She also interned with the in-house legal departments of a national retail company and a health services organization based in the Pacific Northwest. Prior to law school, Ms. Smith worked in the banking industry, and she graduated from the University of Oregon with a major in economics.
Selena is offering a complimentary 15-minute HR/legal consultation to RASI members. Interested members may contact her directly. Ms. Smith can assist RASI members with their labor and employment legal matters, including but not limited to the following:
- Counsel and advise clients regarding employment discrimination and harassment claims, wage and hour (and overtime) compliance, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Washington’s Minimum Wage Act, Washington’s anti-discrimination laws, Washington’s family and medical leave laws, and other labor and employment law matters.
- Represent clients in Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Washington State Human Rights Commission (WSHRC), and National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) investigations and proceedings.
- Represent clients in a variety of legal matters involving employment law matters.
- Conduct workplace investigations regarding allegations of hostile work environment and other forms of discrimination.
- Provide advice and guidance to small business owners, management, and human resource professionals on employee relations and HR legal matters.
- Represent clients in arbitrations, mediations, settlement negotiations, and court and agency proceedings.
- Review and draft employee handbooks, employer policies and memoranda, and codes of conduct.
- Draft separation agreements, waivers and releases of claims, last chance agreements, disciplinary notices, and settlement agreements for clients.
- Review personnel evaluation policies and practices, and advise clients regarding performance evaluations.
- Advise clients on hiring, discipline, and termination decisions.
- Conduct training seminars on avoiding workplace harassment and discrimination claims, and additional employment law related topics.
For more information, contact Selena C. Smith using the form below, or visit the website of Davis Grimm Payne & Marra here.