THRIVING RASI RETRO REFUND!
RETROSPECTIVE RATINGS PROGRAM
Retro is a safety incentive program offered by Labor and Industries (L&I). You can earn partial refund of workers’ compensation premiums if you reduce workplace injuries and lower associated claim costs.
- Management of workers’ compensation claim costs.
- Reduction of individual employer’s experience factor.
- Refund on State Industrial Insurance Premiums.
WHEN CLAIMS OCCUR
- Retail Association Services, Inc. (RASI) professional claim management team steps in.
- Provide predictive modeling in the early stages of the claim.
- Work solely for the company to keep claim costs to a minimum.
- Work together to reduce the experience factor which results in a reduction of workers’ compensation premiums.
- Directs outcomes and resolution of each claim.
GROUP RETRO ENROLLMENT
- RASI full Retro year begins July 1
- L&I offers enrollment four time each year in July, October, January and April.
- Be a member of the Washington Retail Association (WRA).
- Must maintain an individual account with the L&I in good status and make timely payments of quarterly premiums.
- Report hours worked in one of the RASI allowed risk classifications.
- Demonstrate a positive safety record.
REFUND A PORTION OF COMPANIES WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PREMIUMS
- Each year the group pools worker’s compensation premiums to L&I.
- If employees are hurt, L&I pays out money.
- If employees have a safe year with less accidents, L&I pays the Retro group the difference in the form of a refund.
- Refunds are proportionately distributed regardless of the loss record.