(360) 943-9198 info@retailassociationservices.com

How do I know if I’m to report OSHA 300 forms?

Not sure if you are to fill out OSHA300 forms?  Follow these steps to see if you need to list record-able accidents in 2018 for posting February  1st, 2019:

  • Step 1 – Do you currently or at any time for 2018 had 11 or more company employees?  If yes continue on.
  • Step 2 – Don’t know your NAICS number?  A way to locate your NAICS number would be to go the Department of Revenue website and get your NAICS on record. (enter your UBI number and select your company.  The NAICS code will be located on the lower left.)
  • Step 3 – To see if your NAICS is exempt from reporting review this list.If your NAICS number is not on this exempt from reporting list, you will need to start recording your accidents on OSHA form 300 and only post OSHA300A from February 1 to April 30.

01/03/19 UPDATE: There is no rule in place for Washington to force an employer to report or be cited for not electronically reporting 300A.  Washington L&I is looking into a rule change later in 2019 to match Federal guidelines.  At this point it is optional to file 300A electronic.  See this article.

And for some of you, there will be a

  • Step 4 – OSHA initiated changes for 2018 will now be asking you to also report certain forms electronically.  You will still go about the annual OSHA 300/300A reporting process.  When that is finished, you will now have to use the chart below to determine if you need to electronically report your information.  ITA reporting can be found here https://www.osha.gov/injuryreporting/
Electronic Records Submission Dates

to Report

Establishments currently required to report with 250 or more employees at one location, you must also submit form(s) electronically for those locations: Establishments with 20-249 employees  at one location, you must also submit form electronically for those locations using : Transmit


2018 300A 300A March 2, 2019
2019 300, 300A, 301 300A March 2, 2020
2020 300, 300A, 301 300A March 2, 2021

Do you have any single store locations with 250 or more employees?  Then follow the guidelines in that column.  Do you have any locations that have 20-249 employees AND are an industry listed here, then follow the guidelines in that column.  For example; you have one location with 250 or more and other locations that fall under the 20-249 employees, you would report the appropriate form(s) of those locations per the table above.

Additional Information:

You need to keep your OSHA300 and 300A records for five years.

NAICS Frequently Asked Questions link has answers to:

Q#2 – How can I determine the correct NAICS code for my business?

Q#4 – How can I have my company’s NAICS code changed?

Have questions about this process, call Rick, 360.943.9198 x18